Call For Entry Rules
(CLOSED. NO MORE SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FOR 2017). Florida area photographers and artists are invited to submit original photography for consideration. Share images which tell a story, an everyday story, or an extraordinary story of a moment captured. A place, a time, a situation, a feeling. Snap! will select the most compelling images for exhibition at Snap! Downtown (Opening July 21, 2017).
- May 24, 2017 – call for entries starts
- June 25, 2017 – last day for call for entries. No entries accepted past 6:00 p.m. EST (now closed)
- June 26, 2017 – selection takes place
- June 28, 2017 – selected photographers/artists are notified
- July 14, 2017 – photographers/artists bring their gallery ready art for exhibition (at Snap! Downtown, between 10 AM – 5 PM)
- July 21, 2017 (7 – 10 PM) – opening night
- All exhibited pieces will be for sale. 50% of the sale, as a commission, will be granted to Snap! Cultural Events, the 501(c) (3) non profit organization producing Snap! Orlando.
- Photographs/artworks that are selected are final and cannot to be replaced by other photographs/artworks.
- All works must be “GALLERY READY” when brought to the event facilities. This includes framing and hardware necessary for hanging. For your benefit, our official framer SAM FLAX offers 25% off to all Snap! participating photographers.
- Sizes of final prints/artworks will be discussed individually.
- Photographers and artists are responsible for providing their own insurance. While Snap! Orlando / Snap! Cultural Events, Inc. takes precautions against theft and damage, Snap! Orlando / Snap! Cultural Events, Inc. bears no responsibility for loss or damage to works before, during or after the event.
- Works of art will be in the possession of Snap! and remain in the event gallery during the duration of the show unless otherwise allowed by the event director. This is for both sold and unsold works.
Rights and Reproduction
Contest entrants will retain copyright of all submitted work but grant Snap! Orlando / Snap! Cultural Events, Inc. unlimited and indefinite permission to display submitted images on/in Snap! Orlando’s exhibits, website, print collateral, display images, and/or additional event promotional materials.
Collection of Information
By entering the Contest you consent to Snap! Orlando / Snap! Cultural Events, Inc. (e.g. “Sponsor”), its promotional agencies and jury storing and using the personal information you submitted with your entry for the purpose of administering the Entries.
Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, or distorted, damaged, ineligible or incomplete transmissions, registrations, or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions, failures, errors, or limitations of any kind relating to or in connection with the Event, including, without limitation, malfunctions, failures, errors or limitations which may occur in connection with the administration of the Event, the processing of entries, winner notification, or the conducting of the Event; (c) any Event disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor, including, without limitation, theft, vandalism, or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (d) any printing or typographical or other errors in any materials associated with the Event. Entrant is responsible for online charges and fees incurred by it with any Internet Service Provider. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Contest and/or conduct an additional judging session to award the prizes using all eligible, non-winning entries received for such Contest as of the time of termination. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action.
By entering, entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Released Parties (Sponsor, Sponsor affiliates, jury, affiliates) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, either at law or in equity, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with the Entries or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
The Contest, Event, and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the United States and the State of Florida. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Participants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest, or engage in conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Question about the Contest should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Call For Entry : HERE